Monday, January 3, 2011

Becky

Becky and I have decided to write a book.

Our first plan was to take over the world, but that seemed a little too ambitious and besides, being rulers of the earth would hardly leave enough time for Wildcraft, Starbucks and frivolous conversation.

I was originally planning on proposing the book-writing idea to Brittany, who happens to share my interest in literacy and with whom I could undoubtably create a useful piece of scholarship. She’s brilliant but...

who needs to be a contributing member of society? Overrated.

Anyway… Becky and I are writing a book. About our lives and the random… stuff … (New Year’s Resolution 2011--> swear less) that happens to us and our... lovely... friends.

We will most likely include a glossary of important terminology. Perhaps we’ll just create a companion dictionary, comprised of things such as:

"I need to work on my patience"
ie: "I need to stop being afraid of commitment"
"I need to broaden my horizons"
ie: "I seriously need to lower my standards"
“I’d like to be ‘cognitively processed’ ”
ie: well, we’ll just leave that one out for now…

Without this companion piece it would be all but impossible to understand the book itself.
I’m sure we’ll make millions.

No comments: