Monday, August 8, 2011

Dreams of World Domination

One day my hair will succeed in taking over the world.

And given my disposition to travel, I will most likely contribute to its conquest.

Why, you might ask, do I believe such a thing? Follow along:

1) Resiliency--no matter how much I lose, there always seems to be more than enough of it. And I lose a lot. Just ask my hairbrush.
2) Spontaneity--it does whatever it wants, whenever it wants. When the mood takes it, it runs with it. Whatever “it” may be. Just don’t ask it to plan anything. I know from experience that the only person who can bend it to their will is my hairdresser, Michael. Otherwise it doesn’t take kindly to being told what to do.
3) Resourcefulness -- it has discovered efficient and unique ways of “traveling”. Example: I once had a friend move to Australia -- that’s right, just about as far from home as one can go without leaving the planet -- only to receive an email, weeks after their departure, informing me that they were finding my hair all over their current place of residence which, to reiterate, I had never entered.
4) It gets itself noticed. More than once I have caught strangers-- COMPLETE strangers-- petting my hair. As though I were a cat. Or a dog. Or a mongoose. (Can one pet a mongoose? I don’t know. I’m not even sure that I know what a mongoose is, it’s just a pretty fun word to say.)
5) Adaptability--It can roll with the punches and adapt to new surroundings and situations. Fifty below zero? VOILĂ€! You have a built-in parka hood! Fifty above zero? Well, it’s still a built-in parka hood… but a very fluffy one...

No comments: